- Addiction Group
Studies have proven that members of the LGBTQ+ community use drugs and alcohol more frequently than their heterosexual peers. Psychologists and scientists believe that this is mostly due to the unique challenges and pressures that homophobia, discrimination, and outdated legal, religious, and ethical practices put on members of the queer community.
- Alcohol Rehab Guide
ARG is dedicated to helping people overcome alcoholism and achieve long-term sobriety. Our team is made up of individuals who have personal experience with alcohol addiction, and understand the importance of delivering top-notch resources and information. That was our inspiration. ARG aims to educate people on the dangers of alcohol addiction and guide them or their loved one into a treatment program.
- Bayside Pediatrics
2024 West St, Ste 400
Annapolis MD 21401
- Chase-Brexton Health Services, Inc.
Serving the LGBT community in Maryland with offices in Baltimore City, Randallstown, Columbia and Easton.
Dr. Elyse Pine has been used by Chapter members.
- Drug Rehab Connections
Drug Rehab Connections was founded by a group of individuals who know both sides of addiction. We know it from our personal lives as well as engaging and working with rehab and treatment centers. We are not a Treatment Center. We are a starting point to finding individuals and families help that are battling addiction. We are not afraid to call addiction what it is, a disease. We believe that we can’t help those who need help unless we are ready to call addiction what it truly is.
- Before someone can make a rational decision, they must have the facts. We aim to serve our audience in a manner that puts them first. We want to answer your questions so that you are able to make decisions that can ultimately save your life or someone you care about.
- Sometimes we don’t realize we have a problem until we’ve hit rock bottom. That can be said about a lot of things in life and it absolutely reins true with addiction. Understanding and accepting the reality that you are suffering from an addiction is not easy, and we are here to help you understand what’s wrong and move forward.
- Once you have all the facts and you’ve come to terms with the issues you are struggling with, you can take action. There are others out there in this world who have struggled with addiction, sought out treatment and are now in recovery.
It’s our firm belief that everyone is capable of change for the better. We want to be a part of that change with you.
- GLMA – Health Professionals Advancing LGBTQ Equality
GLMA is a national organization committed to ensuring health equity for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer (LGBTQ) and all sexual and gender minority (SGM) individuals, and equality for LGBTQ/SGM health professionals in their work and learning environments. To achieve this mission, GLMA utilizes the scientific expertise of its diverse multidisciplinary membership to inform and drive advocacy, education, and research.
Find a provider.
- Heather Chase, LCSW-C
Chase Counseling, LLC
Heather has over 10 years of experience working with LGBTQ identifed adults. She has a special interest in work with gender identity and helping individuals to explore their identities and to navigate their transitions both physically and socially. Heather is also interested in providing supportive counseling to loved ones of LGBTQ identified individuals. Heather is in network with Cigna insurance.
- LGBTQ+ and Addiction Causes, Resources & Treatment
LGBTQ+ and addiction: causes, resources, and treatment. Also we help people with mental health disorders and have a brand new page on bullying.
- Navin Singh (Female-to-Male Top Surgeon Doctor)
Washingtonian Plastic Surgery
5454 Wisconsin Avenue Suite 1710
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
M-F / 9am-5pm
7601 Lewinsville Rd, Suite 300
McLean, VA 22102
M-F / 9am-5pm
- S. Hunter Thompson, MAc, LAc, ADS, CHC (Accupuncture)
Maryland University of Integrative Health
Transitional medicine for anyone who is going through any type of transition in life. I specialize in transgender and gender queer/questioning.
- Sean Lare, LCSW-C
Sean Lare, LCSW-C, is a therapist who specializes in gender therapy. He has 10+ years of experience helping LGBTQIA children, youth, adults, and their family members develop new identities, navigate their transitions and coming out process, and care for their mental health and relationship needs. He also has his own trans experience.
- South River Pediatrics
Transgender-friendly and affirming pediatric practice.
- Sunshine Behavioral Health
An educational resource guide that discusses substance abuse and mental health in the transgender community and includes national hotlines and organizations.
- Whitman Walker Health
Serving the LGBT community in the District of Columbia with offices in Northwest and Southeast.