PFLAG National Statement: PFLAG National and GLSEN Relaunch #ClaimYourRights Campaign – Everything You Need to Know
Today, GLSEN and PFLAG join together to re-launch our #ClaimYourRights Campaign, to help anyone affected by or witnessing anti-transgender discrimination in our schools file a complaint with the Office for Civil Rights at the Department of Education. Secretary DeVos clearly needs to better understand the extent of the daily pain and real barriers to wellbeing that the original Departmental guidance was designed to address and eliminate. We must see if her actions will live up to her words, and to the promises made by federal law and the United States Constitution.
GLSEN and PFLAG will do everything in our power to see to it that they do. What can you do? Here are handy tools and resources for you and your chapter, at your fingertips:
- Read our statement on the relaunch of the #ClaimYourRights Campaign
- Get answers to your frequently asked questions on the rescission of Title IX guidance to transgender students.
- Provide important education to people in your community. Take the Claim Your Rights flyer with you to meetings and rallies.
- Promote local events on your PFLAG social media.
- Print a poster for your rallies.
- Help those affected by discrimination file a complaint with the Office of Civil Rights at the Department of Education
Thank you for everything you do to create a community where diversity is celebrated and all people are respected, valued, and affirmed inclusive of their sexual orientation, gender identity, and gender expression.
Interim Executive Director
Follow PFLAG National: